Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

I'm thankful this day always allows me two extra days off work! I'm thankful for many things in my real life and I'm also thankful for my friends and fun times in Second Life.
Happy Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving offers a lot of nice places to visit in Second Life and so many fun costumes I had a hard time picking my favorites for a photo. These happen to be some of my favorites at good prices.
Top Left-Sexy his and Hers outfits from LoveCats
Top Right-SL Marketplace child turkey costume
Bottom Left-SL Marketplace Who's the Turkey child costume
Bottom Right: Mine is a 25L Special from HoWear

"Thanksgiving in North America had originated from a mix of European and Native traditions. Typically in Europe, festivals were held before and after the harvest cycles to give thanks for a good harvest, and to rejoice together after much hard work with the rest of the community. At the time, Native Americans had also celebrated the end of a harvest season. When Europeans first arrived to the Americas, they brought with them their own harvest festival traditions from Europe, celebrating their safe voyage, peace and good harvest.[1] Though the origins of the holiday in both Canada and the United States are similar" Wiki

A general Thanksgiving prayer: Almighty God our Father, your generous goodness comes to us new every day. By the work of your Spirit lead us to acknowledge your goodness, give thanks for your benefits, and serve you in willing obedience, through Jesus Christ, our Savior and Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment