Saturday, December 31, 2011

Kara's Annual Second Life New Year's Resolutions

2012

Various online sources consistently say about 78 percent of people who make New Year’s resolutions do not follow through on those vows according to past studies. In light of that and my own personal experiences I decided to make some SL new year resolutions I might be better able to keep this year. Last year I thought I did a good job focusing on some great goals as listed here: http://karasecondlife.blogspot.com/2010/12/sl-new-years-resolutions-in-making.html or direct link here: LastYearNewYearsResolutionsHere. This year? Yeah.. Im going to try to make some I might be able to keep. So here we go...

I resolve:
1) I will eat all kinds of chocolate especially the 100% fat kind, chips, and drink pop and belch while sitting at the computer for hours.

2)I will promptly lose all newly purchased items into the abyss of an inventory.

3)I will let go of my feelings of guilt and get in touch with my inner sociopath just as others in SL do and live in SL guilt free.

4)I will gain 20 lbs. RL all in the tummy so that the laptop can rest comfortably on it and keep it cozy and warm.

5)I will channel my imagination into ever-soaring levels of suspicion and paranoia, as seems the norm in SL.

6)I will use 4 letter words after my computer crashes.

7)I will forget to add panties under skirts so that every guy gets a good eyeful and enjoys their SL experience just that much more.

8)I will never curse designers who neglect (or purposefully) leave out panties under skirts or use up that layer for something else but neglect undies altogether and I will just enjoy helping out with the #7 above and enjoy the breeze, rather than spending hours trying to find a layer to cover.

9)I will embrace my duality.

10)I will no longer waste my time reliving the past, but rather I will spend it worrying about the future.

11)I will remember that the complete lack of evidence is the surest proof that the conspiracy is working.

12)I will max out all credit cards buying Linden to feed my inner hoarder.

13)I will over-edit hairs so badly I have to just trash them because I forgot to save a copy first.

14)I will understand that all guys look at boobs of all shapes and sizes.

15)I will forget to clear my cache.

16)When someone hurts me I will know that forgiveness is easier than griefing, but not nearly as rewarding.

17)I will live each day like it's my 20th birthday, just as my avatar looks.

18)I will leave empty packages around my house.

19) I will fall asleep on the computer while friends try to talk to me.

20)That just for today I will not sit in my living room all day in my underwear. Instead, I will move my computer into the bedroom.

21)I will perv cam personal spaces in the "naughty sims" to my hearts content.

22)I will share all my experiences and advice, for there are no sweeter words than, "I told you so." I will also air all my RL dirty laundry because in SL we are anonymous after all and it makes for interesting conversation.

23)I will gossip like crazy as again.. great convo.

24)I will forget friends birthdays, anniversaries, rez days and so forth.

25)I will lie about my age subtracting at least 7 years especially to 20 something hot looking avatars.

26)I will never ever sort my inventory, categorize, box or purge things.

27)I won't waste time learning new skills or making or doing anything other than playing.

28)I will not suffer in silence while I can moan, whimper and complain.

29)I will play on all my alts around all my friend without telling them who I am just like everyone else does.

Ok, obviously I sorta partially nabbed some of these that have been around a while off the Internet. I found something from blogger, "Mint", who said she resolves to, "blog daily. It's cathartic and I'm delusional enough to believe that somewhere, somebody really gives a damn about what I have to say on any given subject. I may be talking at the air, but it sure feels good to feel important to a bunch of strangers. I draw the line at tweeting though. I'm pretty sure no one gives a damn about a blow-by-blow accounting of my day and if they do, it's time to get a life." That makes sense. And I'll end with the same quote by Mark Twain that I ended with last year:
"New Year's Day… now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual."

maxine

2 comments:

  1. "I will never curse designers who neglect (or purposefully) leave out panties under skirts or use up that layer for something else but neglect undies altogether and I will just enjoy helping out with the #7 above and enjoy the breeze, rather than spending hours trying to find a layer to cover." <--- That was my favorite!

    Live your blog, Kara. Have a great 2012 & keep up the good works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Kara! I will remember looking under your skirt the next time we meet, until then, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

    ReplyDelete