Friday, November 23, 2012

Liquid Song for 2Lei Nov 19-25

Visit here: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Solaris%20Island/206/194/3693
Capcat Ragu and Meilo Minotaur present Liquid Song for 2Lei in their usual unique and creative way. They also offer 2 free full avatars, "Mist" (seen in the center of the 2nd image) and "Frost" (seen below the two figures in the 3rd image) Turn on your sounds when visiting. Look close to see the large translucent figures ebb and flow.

Their exhibit note reads: "Arte Libera partecipate in 2LEI with "Liquid Song" an installation by CapCat Ragu and Melio Minotaur. With their usual poetic language CapCat and Meilo can be referring to women in pain desire to disappear, dissolve theirselves in water. Water is the main principle in our body, but it is tears too, it is amniotic fluid... water flows without end, it's rain, it's sea, it's river... it's an element that see human's history without partecipate in it... How can be helpful to imagine us as water when we are suffering?" [sic]
Untitled by Kara 2

Untitled by Kara 2



2Lei Press release text by Simba Schuman: "Mother, daughter, wife, girlfriend, lover, housewife, businesswoman, friend, educator. How many are the roles of a woman and in what way does she know take on them:  all with proud spirit,  with the smile. It's this smile that put on wings to the woman, making special, it's the awareness to take on many roles tirelessly.

But, there are still many women that these wings are wrenched. About the statistics, since the beginning of 2012 in Italy one woman was killed almost every two days (source Adnkronos), while it is difficult to estimate the number of those women who have locked in their houses crushed by abuses of various kinds, domestic and not.

For this reason, this year, we want to shout our anger and our support to all victims through "2Lei", the event born three years ago in Second Life with the target of highlight the "International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women" founded by the the United Nations in 1999. It is not solidarity, it is a request to come up against, all together, men and women, hear the subdued groans , reach out to take a look frightened, for raise one's voice of those who scream with arrogance and does not allow replies. The virtual worlds are an occasion of meeting and aggregation more and more, in little time they succeed in reaching a lot of people. They can be also an important means of deepest messages, as This, in particular when it is not the single person or single group that to shout, but they are so many different realities as those that cooperate to this project. In 2Lei there are Italian groups in Second Life working on art, culture, music, entertainment, and there are artists, musicians, different personalities, both Italian and international.

Our target is to reach as many people as possible because, if our furious hoot becomes a chorus and the chorus becomes real attention to what surrounds us every day, we could be able to bring a smile and cure some injured wings."

2Lei


Liquid Song
""For I am mist
For I am frost
I want to go back to my liquid form

I want to melt
I want to drop
I want to go back to my liquid form

For I am mist
For I am frost
I want to go back to my liquid form

I want to rain
I want to river
I want to go back to my liquid form

For I am mist
For I am frost
I want to go back to my liquid form"

Be sure to check this one out before it's gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment